- The Netherlands is below sea level.
- The Semantic Web – it’s a thing.
- Some Starbucks locations now serve beer and wine.
- There is a prominent sociologist named Walter Reckless. He wrote about juvenile delinquency.
- Margaret Wise Brown, author of such classics as Goodnight Moon, had a number of tumultuous love affairs, including one with Michael Strange.
- The Pennsylvania system was a penal system based on the premise that solitary confinement fostered repentance and encouraged criminals to reform their ways. Prisoners were kept in isolation for their entire sentences, which did not always work out so well.
- Baby rabbits are called kittens.
- I kind of, maybe, perhaps have an inkling about the intricacies of the eurozone crisis.