I took a late lunch today, but Madison Square Park was still packed with people. Instead of reading, I sat at a park bench and simply ate.
- A New Yorker reading this week’s copy of The New Yorker
- Girl eating sandwich and smudging sandwich crumbs onto the screen of her iPad mini
- A guy who looked like someone who was in one of my English classes – he was chatting with a coworker next to me and I worried for a solid five minutes that I’d been terribly rude for not at least acknowledging his presence until I noticed he was balding a little and almost sighed with relief because he was merely a stranger.
- Another French bulldog.
- Sparrows beating each other up over potato chip scraps – they are vicious creatures.
- Pigeons who bullied the sparrows to snap up said potato chip crumbs
- A pigeon that looked like it had been recently interred and resurrected
- Both sparrows and pigeons being super greedy and trying to break off huge chunks of cookie
- Over the lawn, there were hazy clouds of small bugs flying in the air, visible only in certain angles and only in the sunlight. (Was I breathing those in?)
- Three separate individuals eating chopped salads